ASK Acupuncture in Portland, Oregon (503) 389-8938
Meet Abigail Ballaban, LAc, MAcOM
My name is Abigail Ballaban and I am a licensed acupuncturist and a Board Certified Chinese medicinal herbalist at ASK Acupuncture in Portland, Oregon. My goal is to create a healing environment for anyone with the desire to feel better and become empowered in their health-care.
The framework of Traditional Chinese Medicine enables me to view my patients as holistic individuals and allows me to identify and treat seemingly unrelated symptoms.
I have been an Oregonian since I was seven, when my family moved to Beaverton from upstate New York, and I absolutely love the Pacific Northwest. When I am not working with patients, I enjoy being creative, exploring the outdoors and relaxing with my family, our collie, and two mini-parrots.
Training and Experience
I graduated from the University of Oregon with a Bachelor of Science degree in Fine Arts and with extensive course work in Human Physiology. Then I completed my Master's degree in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine at the Oregon College of Oriental Medicine, the highest rated Chinese medicine school in the nation. After gaining thousands of hours of experience in
- treating patients in a larger acupuncture clinic setting,
- healing victims of car accidents at an auto injury center, and
- providing care to walk-in patients at an acupuncture community health clinic,
I regularly attend Continuing Education classes to gain new knowledge and update my skills. I also enjoy incorporating different types of Chinese herb and plant medicine into my practice. My Continuing Education training includes:
- Treating Children with Oriental Medicine and Healing with Shonishin - with Soma Glick
- Systemic Detoxification and Longevity - with Kiiko Matsumoto
- Treatment of Mental Emotional Disorders with Essential Oils - with Peter Holmes
- Chinese Herbal Liniment Making - at the Vital Compass
- Integrative Pain Management - with Kiiko Matsumoto Style Acupuncture
- Chinese Medical Ophthalmology - with Andy Rosenfarb
- Aquatic Therapy: Watsu Water Breath Dance training
- Digital Meridian Imaging (DMI) training
Contact Abigail Ballaban
It is my passion to help everyone around me. I look forward to meeting you in the clinic. Please don’t hesitate to reach out at (503) 389-8938 to learn more about how I can be of service.