ASK Acupuncture in Portland, Oregon (503) 389-8938
My name is Abigail Ballaban and I am the owner and the acupuncturist at ASK Acupuncture in Portland, Oregon. My goal is to create a healing environment for anyone with the desire to feel better and become empowered in their health-care. The framework of Chinese medical theory enables me to view my patients as holistic individuals and allows me to identify and treat seemingly unrelated symptoms.
About Abigail Ballaban, LAc, MAcOM
I have been an Oregonian since I was seven, when my family moved to Beaverton from upstate New York, and I absolutely love the Pacific Northwest. When I am not working with patients, I enjoy being creative, exploring the outdoors and relaxing with my family, our collie, and two mini-parrots.
Training and Experience
I graduated from the University of Oregon with a Bachelor of Science degree in Fine Arts and with extensive course work in Human Physiology. Then I completed my Master's degree in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine at the Oregon College of Oriental Medicine, the highest rated Chinese medicine school in the nation. After gaining thousands of hours of experience in
- treating patients a larger acupuncture clinic setting,
- healing victims of car accidents at an auto injury center, and
- providing care to walk-in patients at an acupuncture community health clinic,
I regularly attend Continuing Education classes to gain new knowledge and update my skills. Recent classes included Integrated Pain Management for patients experiencing chronic or acute pain, and using Essential Oils to treat a variety of mental and emotional disorders. My pain patients are reporting outstanding results, with pain reduction evident after a single treatment. I have also enjoyed incorporating different types of Chinese herb and plant medicine into my practice. My Continuing Education training includes:
- Treatment of Mental Emotional Disorders with Essential Oils with Peter Holmes
- Chinese Herbal Linnament Making at Vital Compass
- Integrative Pain Management with Kiiko Matsumoto Style Acupuncture
- Chinese Medical Ophthalmology with Andy Rosenfarb
- Aquatic Therapy: Watsu Water Breath Dance training
- Digital Meridian Imaging (DMI) training
Contact Abigail Ballaban
It is my passion to help everyone around me. I look forward to meeting you in the clinic. Please don’t hesitate to reach out at (503) 389-8938 to learn more about how I can be of service.